Thursday, February 3, 2011

BabyMoon... Destination Seattle

We planned a trip to Seattle for the end of January... for a few reasons:
Jan is David's Birthday Month, I was still able to fly at that stage in my preggo-ness, and well, we have always wanted to hit up Seattle and we figure no time like the present and so we threw it in as a "Baby-moon" trip and made it happen.
Jessica and Kyle Souther came with us, which made it so much fun. David and I like our alone time, but after a couple hours, we really want to be with other people, so trips with friends or family are way better. So here is a recap of our trip in pictures.


We stayed at Hotel 1000. It was great, and we had enough AMEX points to get both our rooms for free for the full 3 nights. This is the tub I want in my house at home. I spent a good amount of time in it each night, and it is perfect because the wall next to it is glass, so I could watch the Food Network while I relaxed... ahhhhh..... :)

Ok, this is the "gum wall"... so gross! Made me want to throw up a little. David is the only one who ventured this close to it.


And of course he felt it necessary to add his gum to the wall... I made him wash his hands before he even came close to me. 2 thumbs up for being a good sport... but so nasty babe!



We took Seattle's version of Disneyland's People Mover over to where the Space Needle is, and we found the Seattle Experience Music Project. This was one of the attractions we felt was worthy of the cost to get in... as David and Kyle are both very talented and interested in music. There was a bunch of recording rooms with different options to play so the 4 of us had a jam session.

This was the boys when the set was over, about to smash their guitars... cause that is what all rock stars do, right?


Jessica and I were doing our best at playing the roll of the adoring groupies :)



Getting into the groove :)


This was the recording studio part, you could actually record a song... sadly, because we were in Seattle, there were no real great song choices unless you are a Nirvana fan... no thank you Kurt Cobain... so i passed.


We opted not to pay the $ to go up the Space Needle, but we got close to it :)


We found this whales tale statue outside the history museum... we figured my whale of a belly could measure up to a photo opt :)


This one's for you, Erin!!! The exhibition was pretty pricey, so we did not go in, but we did our best to "make it work" with Harry. David is casting a spell on me with a "wand" he found on the ground.


This was a cyclone of guitars at the museum, David would love to have in our house :)

Kyle and Jess and the Space Needle.


So we all know, I am not really the big drinker, especially while preggo, but I am a fan of all things food. So instead of doing a Bar Crawl... we did a 4 day Food Crawl. These are the prepared when ordered donuts at Lola. AMAZEBALLS! We ordered 2 times they were so amazing. Giada picked them as her favorite on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate... Fried Food" show on the Food Network, and let me tell you, she did not lead us wrong!



They came out in this bag that they shake up with all the sugar at your table and then they cut the bag open and pour out the yummo-ness for quick consumption!



We ate at Serious Pie (thanks Dan and Darrin for the great suggestion). This was my Yellowfoot Chantrell and Truffle Cheese pizza. And for dessert, my fav... a from the tap, Rootbeer float with vanilla gelato!


A view of the market.


David with his Starbucks at the original Starbuck's next to Pike's Market in Seattle.

Me with Mc Dreamy :)


Who knew David was team Jacob :)


So this is a pretty nice back drop for a picture right... guess where this is? In the middle of downtown Seattle... it is the UPS building. Pretty fancy UPS, no wonder your prices are always going up.



This was the memorial for the fires that burnt the city down back in the day.



Jess and me at a fun diner we ate breakfast at the 1st morning.
We had such a great time. And Lord willing, we will still be doing fun trips like this after the Tiny Human arrives in 9 weeks.

5 comments:

sfitz said...

YOU BLOGGED!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy... :-)

I love this pictorial of your trip, thank you for sharing it! Your commentary is fantastic, as always.

Blog more.

You have a tiny human growing inside of you, that should give you some material. :-)

Julie Snell said...

Hell DID freeze over. The twin blogged. You better keep it coming lady. We have a whole pregnancy to catch up on...start writing!

Wish we didn't cancel going with your guys to Seattle. So sad, looks like you guys had a blast!

Anonymous said...

HOld the phones you blogged! I had officially given up on your blog and deleted it. It looks like you guys had so much fun and ate so many delicious foods!

Candie said...

im so happy to hear that you finally love baths- they are one of my most favorite things!
so glad you had a fun trip!

Joanna Reynolds said...

I'm just glad I got to see a little bit of belly in all of those pictures. You look awesome. Wish I could be there to see you in person. Glad you were able to get away for a "baby moon." Such a great idea. Thinking of you and praying for you often.